There are many dating and swinger sites on the internet. However, Alt.com is different from the vast majority of them. This site caters exclusively to the BDSM and kink community. Established by people who are into the art, ALT offers a fun and safe platform for people to bring their fantasies to life.
If you are familiar with Adult Friend Finder, you should not find it difficult to master ALT. Both websites are a creation of the same entity. Thus, ALT has many similarities with AFF. At the same time, the former has more customized features and design. After all, ALT is dedicated to a different and more radical community.
Features, pricing and billing
If you want to get a feel of this site, you should go for the ‘Standard’ membership. You don’t have to pay a cent for getting a feel of the site. What can you do with a ‘Standard’ membership plan? Check out the list below:
- Create a profile
- Search for other users (Basic functionality)
- Browse member profiles
- Personal mailbox
- Send instant messages
- Create Hotlist – a list of your favored profiles
However, if you want the full benefits of the site you could opt for the premium membership plans. There are two premium membership plans – Gold and Silver. Here are some of the additional things you can do at ALT as a paying member:
- View full details of all member profiles
- Unlimited email and chat
- Notification of new user registration (very useful if you want to be the first in line)
- More search parameters
- Participate in chat rooms
- Be a part of fetish groups (categorized by fetish and area)
- Engage in live video chat and instant messaging
- View live member webcams (a great feature for those with a voyeuristic tendency)
- Access to horny movies
I would recommend that you opt for the lower-priced premium membership plan, which is the Silver. The more expensive Gold plan does not offer significantly more to warrant the higher price. Of course, that is my opinion.
What is attractive about ALT?
- Bring the Kink
Do you want to bring out your kinky avatar but are afraid of the public gaze? Do you want to meet people who share the same kinky interests as you? Most importantly, do you want to surround yourself with people who will support and encourage your kinky behavior?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of the above questions, then that is reason enough to join ALT. Although there are many online dating and swinger communities, few of them are dedicated to the people with kinky interests. In this niche market, ALT is a leader.
This site is the leader in not only breaking barriers, but also in several other aspects. While there are a significant number of BDSM dating sites on the internet, none of them boast of the kind of member base ALT has – over three million. In addition to having the largest members’ database, the site boasts of several advanced and interesting features such as:
- Anonymous emailing
- Interesting search parameters
- select your options from a fetish checklist
- Purity test
- determine your sexual preferences’ level or purity
- Love Dog
- Receive reports on events or other users’ messages
- Expert advice through its magazine and blog
- Discussion groups and forums
- In addition to promoting self-expression and providing encouragement, ALT provides a secure platform for people to follow an alternative lifestyle. You never have to feel fear or shame again.
Cautionary measures you should take
Now, it is expected of people to exercise caution when they are on the internet. If you are not careful, your actions could produce severe consequences. This advice assumes greater importance when one uses a website like ALT. Even if you have experience with dating sites, you should keep in mind that ALT is not like the ‘vanilla’ dating sites. A good way to avoid unnecessary problems is to take advantage of the chat rooms and blogs. You will then be able to get to know people better.
ALT is not meant for the faint-hearted or the conservative individual. If you are into BDSM and other kinky behavior, then this community will feel just like home; perhaps even better. Even if you haven’t engaged in this activity but would like to try it, then it is worth checking out Alt.com. The community is overflowing with friendly, active and engaged fetish-lovers.
If on the other hand you would like to stay in safer waters or you’re more of a conservative dater, you could check our review of OneNightStandGirls.com here.